At Austin Foot and Ankle Specialists we are continuing our "Green Campaign" in an effort to do our part for a better tomorrow. Dr. Craig H. Thomajan, DPM, FACFAS and the staff of Austin Foot and Ankle Specialists are all doing our part in making a difference, so our children and future generations have a chance to enjoy the world around us as we do today. Listed below are some of the efforts we have implemented in our medical practice, in an effort to create an eco-friendly environment.
Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- This fully integrated system makes all of our patient records, labs, intake forms and other incoming paper, digital and electronic, significantly reducing the paper used in the practice. In addition, this system offers increased safety in protecting private patient information.
Digital X-Ray Imaging
- Digital X-ray images can now be created immediately without the need for toxic chemicals or films for developing. In addition, the X-Ray images may be transferred on encrypted CD-ROM to patients and doctors reducing our need for printing and paper.
- This program allows Dr. Thomajan, DPM, FACFAS to sent prescription medications to the pharmacy electronically, eliminating the need for paper referral pads.
- The E-Newsletter informs our existing patients and community of updates and foot care information at the convenience of a mouse click, thus eliminating paper newsletters, including the stamps and labels needed to mail them.
Crocs Authorized Recycling Center
- Bring your used Crocs and Crocs Rx products to the office to have them recycled for the Soles United Program, to help support this humanitarian donation initiative of global shoe donation efforts.
Recycling Printer and Fax cartridges
Using Eco-Friendly Fluoresce light bulbs used throughout our practice and treatment rooms
Recycling all paper, bottles and plastic from within our practice