Contact your physician if you experience the following symptoms:
- Temperature over 101 degrees F or severe chills
- Persistent nausea or vomiting
- Severe pain not relieved by medication
- Excessive or persistent bleeding
- Excessive swelling
Follow the labeled instructions on your prescription(s).
If you have received general anesthesia:
- DO NOT drive or drink alcohol for at least 24 hours after discharge from the hospital
- DO NOT make any important decisions or sign any important papers for 24 hours after discharge from the hospital
- If you are taking pain medication do not drive or drink alcohol
- Have a responsible adult remain with you for the remainder of the day and during the night
- Sponge bathe only, you may use a Bandage or Cast Bag.
- Apply ice packs to surgical area twenty (20) minutes on, five (5) minutes off for the first twenty-four (24) hours.
- Elevate feet above the level of the heart for the first two (2) days as often as possible.
- Keep bandages clean and dry. Contact Dr. Thomajan immediately if your bandage should get wet.
- Follow specific instructions regarding the weight-bearing status of the operative foot.
- Prescription refills: Please have your pharmacy fax a prescription refill request to (512) 328-8903. Upon receipt, Dr. Thomajan will take into consideration the refill request and fax it back immediately. You must have your pharmacy fax a prescription refill request as this is the only mode of transmission for refills.
Are You Looking for a Foot Care Specialist in Austin, TX?
If you are looking for foot care, you should reach out to an experienced podiatrist. Austin Foot and Ankle Specialists can help. Our office provides a wide variety of advanced, effective treatment options for all kinds of painful conditions. Ready to schedule an appointment? Contact us online or call our Austin office at 512.328.8900.