Contact your physician if you experience the following symptoms:
- Temperature over 101 degrees F or severe chills
- Persistent nausea or vomiting
- Severe pain not relieved by medication
- Excessive or persistent bleeding
- Excessive swelling
Follow the labeled instructions on your prescription(s).
If you have received general anesthesia:
- DO NOT drive or drink alcohol for at least 24 hours after discharge from the hospital
- DO NOT make any important decisions or sign any important papers for 24 hours after discharge from the hospital
- If you are taking pain medication do not drive or drink alcohol
- Have a responsible adult remain with you for the remainder of the day and during the night
- Sponge bathe only, you may use a Bandage or Cast Bag.
- Apply ice packs to surgical area twenty (20) minutes on, five (5) minutes off for the first twenty-four (24) hours.
- Elevate feet above the level of the heart for the first two (2) days as often as possible.
- Keep bandages clean and dry. Contact Dr. Thomajan immediately if your bandage should get wet.
- Follow specific instructions regarding the weight-bearing status of the operative foot.
- Prescription refills: Please have your pharmacy fax a prescription refill request to (512) 328-8903. Upon receipt, Dr. Thomajan will take into consideration the refill request and fax it back immediately. You must have your pharmacy fax a prescription refill request as this is the only mode of transmission for refills.
Reminder: you must make an appointment by calling the office at (512) 328-8900 to have your bandages changed.