Orthospec shock wave therapy is a safe and effective alternative to invasive surgical treatments. This procedure is a treatment method that applies acoustic energy to the heel tissue from outside the body, it offers many advantages over surgery, including:
- Significantly lower complication rates, faster recovery time, and earlier return to normal activity
- Improved quality of life for patients unwilling or unable to undergo surgery, less painful than surgery
- Lower healthcare cost due to simplicity of the procedure and decreased productivity losses
- No anesthesia required - reduces patient complication rate, zero to a few days recovery time
- No imaging device required - enables straightforward positioning
- The procedure can easily be performed in an office setting in about 25 minutes, possible to return to work the same day
- Large therapy zone - treats a wide area, with a proven high success rate
- FDA approved, evidence-based medicine with multiple published studies
Are You Looking for Foot Care in Austin, TX?
If you are looking for foot care, you should reach out to an experienced podiatrist. Austin Foot and Ankle Specialists can help. Our office provides a wide variety of advanced, effective treatment options for all kinds of painful conditions. Ready to schedule an appointment? Contact us online or call our Austin office at 512.328.8900.